For background information, the Student Union of Tampere University TREY canceled all its events from September 2020. Many other student organizations have done the same decision, including Bioteekkarikilta Bioner ry for several of its other events. However, the Student Union’s decision did not include a recommendation to cancel events organized by individual student organizations, and we are able to comply with the regulations and recommendations of the Government and THL in the arrangements. The decision to organize the event has been made by the organizing team.
After serious consideration, it has been decided to hold NamiAppro in 2020 as well. The decision was conditional on the event being found to be possible to hold safely. In the decision, we paid attention to the risks of the incident and, on the other hand, to the elements that increase safety. The situation is still being actively monitored and, if the situation so requires, changes are possible. The event will not succeed without significant adjustments, which you can read more about below.
- Participation other than in complete health is strictly prohibited. Also, do not arrive if you have any reason to suspect the possibility of infection.
- The number of participants in the event has been reduced by one third to one thousand.
- Based on the maps, participants will be divided into three groups of little over three hundred people, who will be separated throughout the event.
- The goal moved outside and there will be no additional program.
- Degree limits have been decreased. You can find the new limits on the Badges page.
- Participants are encouraged to take various security – enhancing measures, such as:
- favoring a card payment.
- excellent sneezing and hand hygiene.
- to use your own hand sanitizer. It helps you avoid hand washing and disinfection queues.
- for proper mask use. Due to the nature of the event, it is advisable to reserve plenty of replacements. The mask should be replaced whenever it is removed, for example for eating or drinking.
- be prepared to queue outside even in cooler or rainy weather.
- Cafes are encouraged to take various safety – enhancing measures, such as
- to package items for take away. This way you can enjoy the delicacy safely outdoors.
- to plan the queuing space in advance.
At NamiAppro, participants spend most of their time outdoors moving from place to place or queuing, taking into account safety intervals. The biggest risks would have been the paint program, which was canceled altogether, and congestion in cafes, which is prevented by the above measures. The departures are staggered over a period of 2.5 hours, with participants dealing mainly with participants who set off at the same times and on the same map. NamiAppro is a completely non-alcoholic event. Participating in NamiAppro is one way to support small businesses in financial difficulty.
Tara Hämeensaari Hilla Mäkinen
NamiAppro Manager 2020 Chairman
Bioteekkarikilta Bioner ry Bioteekkarikilta Bioner ry